The weather is getting colder and the holiday season is in full swing. Its time to warm you and your dinner table up with my Sweet Potato Leek Soup recipe.
• 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 leeks, trimmed
• 1 celery stalk, chopped
• 1 small yellow onion, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
• 1 cup Riesling or other white wine
• 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
• 1 tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 1 ½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme or
½ tsp. dried thyme
• 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
• 2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
• 1 cup soymilk
• thyme sprigs
1. Heat oil in a large pan, then add leeks, celery, onion, and garlic. Sauté over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 6 minutes.
2. Stir in stock, wine, potatoes, salt, pepper, and thyme; bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer over medium heat until potatoes are soft, about
4. Add parsley, dill, and tarragon and bring soup to a light simmer, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove soup from heat and add soymilk. Blend with an immersion blender. Garnish with thyme sprigs.